When you’re done with your car for the day, do you want to have to struggle with a heavy door that can be difficult to open? Or would you rather step outside and grab your bike from inside your garage without worrying about whether or not it’s safe?
If so, then a side-hinged garage door may be perfect for you. These doors are quieter, easier to use, and more secure than other types of garage doors. They are also more energy-efficient because they have better insulation and weatherstripping. If you’re thinking about replacing an old garage door this year, consider getting a side-hinged one.
Side Hinged Garage Door: What Is It?
A side hinged garage door is a type of garage door that opens horizontally along the side of the garage, as opposed to swinging upward along the front or rear of the garage. This type of door can be more convenient in certain situations, such as when there is limited space in front of or behind the garage.
Different Types of Side Hinged Garage Doors
There are several different types of side-hinged garage doors. The most common type is the roll-up door, which consists of a series of horizontal panels that roll up and down along a track mounted to the garage ceiling. This type of door is often used in garages with limited headroom.
Another type of side-hinged garage door is the tilt-up door. This type of door consists of a single panel that swings upward along a hinge mounted to the top of the garage opening. Tilt-up doors are often used on garages with high ceilings, as they do not require as much headroom as roll-up doors.
Both roll-up and tilt-up doors are available in a variety of materials, including metal, wood, and plastic. Metal doors are the most durable, while wood doors are the most aesthetically pleasing. Plastic doors are the least expensive, but they also tend to be the least durable.
Selecting a Side Hinged Garage Door: What to Take into Account?
When choosing a side-hinged garage door, it is important to consider the weight of the door, the size of the garage opening, and the climate in which you live.
The weight of the door is important to consider, as a heavier door is more durable but will require more force to open and close. If you have a manual opener, be sure that your opener is strong enough to lift the weight of the door.
The size of the garage opening is also important to consider, as a door that is too large or too small will not fit correctly. It is also important to consider the height of the garage opening, as some types of side-hinged garage doors require more headroom than others.
The climate in which you live is also important to consider, as different materials are better suited for different climates. For example, metal doors are better suited for cold climates, while wood doors are better suited for warm climates. Additionally, climates with high winds or severe weather conditions may require a door with additional weather protection features.
The Advantages Of A Side Hinged Garage Door
- Side Hinged Garage Doors are easy to operate: They open and close by simply pushing or pulling on a handle located on the side of the door. This makes them ideal for use with vehicles, as there is no need to get out and walk around the car to open or close the door.
- Side Hinged Garage Doors are secure: They feature a locking mechanism that helps to keep your property safe and secure. This locking mechanism is typically a key lock, which makes it difficult for intruders to gain access to your garage. Additionally, the hinged design of the door means that it is more difficult for burglars to break-in, as they would need to cut through the entire door rather than simply break a window.
- Side Hinged Garage Doors are durable: They are made from high-quality materials that can withstand the test of time, making them a long-lasting investment. This makes them a great choice for those who are looking for a durable and reliable garage door.
- Side Hinged Garage Doors are easy to maintain: They require minimal maintenance, making them a hassle-free option. The only thing that you need to do to keep your Side Hinged Garage Door in good condition is to regularly check the hinges and lubricate them if necessary. You should also keep an eye out for any damage to the door and repair it as soon as possible.
- Side Hinged Garage Doors are versatile: Side Hinged Garage Doors are versatile and can be used for both residential and commercial properties. They can be adapted to fit any size opening, making them a great choice for those who are looking for a door that is tailored to their specific needs.
Side Hinged Garage Doors are a great choice for those who are looking for a durable, reliable, and easy-to-use garage door. They feature a locking mechanism that helps to keep your property safe and secure, as well as being made from high-quality materials that can withstand the test of time. Additionally, they are versatile and can be adapted to fit any size opening, making them a great choice for those who are looking for a door that is tailored to their specific needs.