Maintaining the gleam and the sparkle of your bathroom can be a lot of work, especially if you have no idea where to start. So we’ve put together the essential guide on how to clean your bathroom.
In this article, you will discover ways to clean your floor tiles, its bathroom wall tiles, and the tile grout to ensure you maintain that bathroom sparkle.
Here are some things you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Chemical Cleaning Agents
- An old toothbrush
- A mop bucket
- Microfibre cloth
How to Clean Grout
Grout, which is usually dirtier than the tiles themselves should be cleaned first so that if the dirt falls on the tiles, it will be easy to clean it all later when you are cleaning the tiles.
Here is a step by step guide on how to effectively clean your bathroom tile grout.
- Mix the baking powder with some vinegar or lemon juice to form a natural cleaning paste
- Apply this paste into the grout lines and scrub with the toothbrush to remove dirt and grime
- Leave the solution for a maximum of 30 minutes to soak in.
- Rinse off the solution with water and wipe up the leftover residue with a microfibre cloth
You can also use chemical cleaning agents in place of the vinegar/lemon juice with baking soda paste, although some strong cleaners when used in coloured or dark grouting, can fade the finish and spoil your sparkling bathroom look.
How to Clean Bathroom Wall Tiles
After you have finished cleaning the tile grout, you can now turn to clean the tiles themselves. The first step in cleaning the tiles is to open a hot shower and let it run for a few minutes to help open up some pores in the tiles hence allowing you to find dirt easily.
It is also important to note that not all cleaning agents are advisable for all kinds of tiles. While ceramic and porcelain tiles work well with most cleaning agents, marble tiles can easily be damaged by products rich in acidities like lemon or vinegar.
Here is a guide on how to effectively clean your bathroom wall tiles using natural home-made products:
- Add some baking soda, lemon juice and white vinegar in 500ml of water to make a natural cleaning paste
- Once done, pour this paste into a spray bottle and apply it to the bathroom walls tile
- Leave for around 30 minutes and then scrub the surface using the scouring pad or a sponge.
- Wash off the solution with water and then dry the wall tiles with a microfibre cloth
How to Clean Bathroom Floor Tiles
Here is how to clean your bathroom floor tiles:
- Fill the mop bucket with warm water and add the recommended amount of chemical cleaner, or the natural paste made from mixing baking powder with vinegar /lemon juice
- Soak your mop in the solution, wring out till water is drained, and then mop the floor using a figure-of-eight pattern to trap dust and dirt
- Rinse the mop and repeat the process until the tiles are clean
If your floor has a large surface, you might want to use a steam cleaner. A steam cleaner is a cleaning appliance that uses steam to clean and dry surfaces quickly and effectively without needing much effort from you.
It is also recommended to open the doors and windows if you are using strong chemical cleaning agents to avoid accidentally inhaling the fumes.
With that, you can now relax with your clean and gleaming bathroom tiles!